Volunteers are key to the 4-H program. They enable the 4-H program to grow and thrive. These individuals donate their time, efforts and skills so that the Harevey County 4-H program can excel. Staff and parents trust these volunteers to have the best interests of young people at heart.
Safety of young people is a shared responsibility between volunteers, Extension staff, K-State Research and Extension, and the state. We need to do our best to protect young people through the implementation of a youth protection system. In Kansas, the youth protection system is the Kansas 4-H Volunteer Screening process.
Please use this step-by-step guide to becoming a volunteer or renewing your status.
Find volunteer resources here
2020 Training recording here
Record Keeping Summary List
Achievement Pin Summary List
Official 4-H Logos:
The official logo has to be on every flyer, brochure, t-shirt, etc. Anything that goes out to promote 4-H or give information has to have the co-branded logo (the top 3). Along with that, anything that goes out to promote or give information must have the following statement:
Kansas State University Agricultural Experiment Station and Cooperative Extension Service
K-State Research and Extension is an equal opportunity provider and employer.
Click Here for 4-H Clover - Color
Click Here for 4-H Clover - White
Click Here for 4-H Icons - Color
Click Here for 4-H Grows Here - Horizontal - White
Click Here for 4-H Grows Here - Horizontal - Black
Click Here for 4-H Grows Here - Horizontal - Color
Click Here for 4-H Grows Here - Vertical - Black
Click Here for 4-H Grows Here - Vertical - White
Click Here for 4-H Grows Here - Vertical - Color
Let’s Get Started- First Steps to Volunteering
- Volunteer Service Enrollment: Create an account at https://v2.4honline.com/#/user/sign-in. Make sure you mark that you are a volunteer.
- For Step by Step Guide, Click Here.
- Interview- Let’s chat! We want to find a volunteer opportunity that best suites you, your availability and interests. We will conduct a short face-to-face interview so that we can find an opportunity that best fits what you’re looking for.
- Orientation: Complete the online orientation by watching the video sessions on 4-H Online.
- Screening: We are committed to ensuring that all of our youth are subject to safe learning environments. To do this, we require our volunteers to complete a background check at: National Criminal Background Check - https://www.ejobapp-validityscreening.com/applicant/companies/28337/accounts/40651/positions
- Official Appointment: Once these steps have been completed, and board approval is confirmed, it’s time to start making a difference!
Volunteers who have already completed the initial screening process are required to complete the Kansas 4-H Volunteer Renewal Service form annually on 4-H Online.
To ensure a safe environment for all youth, the State 4-H office has implemented that all 4-H Volunteers need to complete the National Criminal Background Check every 3 years. If you need to renew your National Criminal Background Check, you will be contacted by the Extension Office.
- National Criminal Background Check - https://www.ejobapp-validityscreening.com/applicant/companies/28337/accounts/40651/positions
- This will take you to a website. Scroll down to HARVEY County. This is a 2 step process. You will need to create an System Account with your information. After you have set this up, you will receive an email with the information to complete the form.
If you have ANY questions, please feel free to contact our office.