Making a difference in your life
Welcome to Harvey County. Your local K-State Research and Extension office is a tremendous resource for finding the information that you need. Love gardening? Check out our Lawn and Garden page. If you are interested in being a part of 4-H or being a volunteer, our 4-H Youth Development page has all of the information you need to get started. Visit Farm Management, crops and livestock if you need information about... you guessed it, crops and livestock!
Family and Consumer Science topics include Foods and Nutrition, Healthy Lifestyles, Home budgeting, and much more.
Medicare Open Enrollment
Medicare Open Enrollment is from October 15-December 7. During this time period you can:
- Change from Original Medicare to a Medicare Advantage Plan.
- Change from a Medicare Advantage Plan back to Original Medicare.
- Switch from one Medicare Advantage Plan to another Medicare Advantage Plan.
- Switch from an Advantage Plan that doesn't offer drug coverage to an Advantage Plan that offers drug coverage.
- Switch from an Advantage Plan that offers drug coverage to an Advantage Plan that doesn't offer drug coverage.
- Join a Medicare Prescription Drug Plan.
- Switch from one Medicare drug plan to another Medicare drug plan.
- Drop your Medicare prescription drug coverage completely.
Call 316-284-6930 to make an appointment!
Living Well Wednesday, is a virtual learning series hosted by K-State Research and Extension. Check out the fall series of online webinars geared toward the following holiday topics:
November 30 – Dealing with grief and sadness during the holidays – Presenter: Melissa Atchison
December 14 – Simple holiday meals – Presenters: Ashley Svaty, Christina Holmes and Melinda Daily
See the Health & Nutrition tab for more information!
SNAP-ED provides free virtual nutrition and physical activity education for youth, adults, families and seniors
SNAP-ED can help you with recipes, exercise and tips to save money at the grocery store.
See the Health and Nutrition tab for the virtual class schedule or pick up a brochure at the K-State Research and Extension office.