Volunteer with Harvey County 4-H and help grow true leaders in your community by empowering young people with skills to lead for a lifetime. Volunteer opportunities are flexible to fit your availability, skill set, and interests. For more information about how you can make a difference in your community through Harvey County 4-H, call our office at (316) 284-6930.
Check out a list of volunteer opportunities on the “Harvey County 4-H: Help Wanted” list.
Let’s Get Started- First Steps to Volunteering
- Volunteer Service Form: Fill out this preliminary application and return it to our office. Click here to access the form.
- Interview- Let’s chat! We want to find a volunteer opportunity that best suites you, your availability and interests. We will conduct a shot face-to-face interview so that we can find an opportunity that best fits what you’re looking for.
- Orientation: Create an account on our database and complete the online orientation by watching the video sessions. Create an account at https://ks.4honline.com/.
- Screening: We are committed to ensuring that all of our youth are subject to safe learning environments. To do this, we require our volunteers to complete two background checks (Kansas Child Abuse and Neglect Registry and Kansas CBC) Information about how to complete these will be sent to applicants at this stage.
- Official Appointment: Once these steps have been completed, it’s time to start making a difference!
To ensure a safe environment for all youth the State 4-H office has implemented additional forms and background checks for all 4-H Volunteers effect January 1, 2018. All previously screened 4-H Volunteers are required to fill out the following in additional to the above form.
- Kansas Child Abuse and Neglect Registry form.
You must fill out the entire document. Every question must be answered. Incomplete information (black spaces) will result in the release not being processed and returned. It must be physical signed and not an electronic signature. You may either mail the background check yourself to Topeka, or the Extension Office can do it for you.
2. National Criminal Background Check - https://www.ejobapp-validityscreening.com/applicant/companies/28337/accounts/40651/positions
This will take you to a website. Scroll down to HARVEY County. This is a 2 step process. You will need to create an System Account with your information. After you have set this up, you will receive an email with the information to complete the form.
If you have ANY questions, please feel free to contact our office.