Volunteer with Harvey County 4-H and help grow true leaders in your community by empowering young people with skills to lead for a lifetime. Volunteer opportunities are flexible to fit your availability, skill set, and interests. For more information about how you can make a difference in your community through Harvey County 4-H, call our office at (316) 284-6930 or e-mail email@example.com.
Check out a list of volunteer opportunities on the “Harvey County 4-H: Help Wanted” list.
Share Your Passion with 4-H Project Days- A One-Day Workshop Series
We are looking for volunteers with a passion, hobby or skill that they are willing to share to bring hands-on project opportunities to youth of any age, both 4-H members and the public! Project Days take place once a month on Saturdays. Workshops should be approximately one to two hours long, and preferably include a way for participants to "make and take" something home. Examples of workshops include woodworking, floral design, specialty breads, cupcake decorating, and more!
Let’s Get Started- First Steps to Volunteering
- Volunteer Service Form: Fill out this preliminary application and return it to our office. Click here to access the form.
- Interview- Let’s chat! We want to find a volunteer opportunity that best suites you, your availability and interests. We will conduct a shot face-to-face interview so that we can find an opportunity that best fits what you’re looking for.
- Orientation: Create an account on our database and complete the online orientation by watching the video sessions. Create an account at https://ks.4honline.com/.
- Screening: We are committed to ensuring that all of our youth are subject to safe learning environments. To do this, we require our volunteers to complete two background checks (Kansas Child Abuse and Neglect Registry and Kansas CBC) Information about how to complete these will be sent to applicants at this stage.
- Official Appointment: Once these steps have been completed, it’s time to start making a difference!
Volunteers are required to renew their back ground checks after four years of volunteer service. Volunteers will be contacted with information about this process.